Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Facing Off in Round Two.....

....of the Battle of the 80's Crimefighters will be the 21 winners of round one. I will most likely proceed with this round over the weekend. The competition will see the following contenders fighting for the opportunity to get to round three.....

Magnum, P.I. vs. Simon and Simon
Hart to Hart vs. Scarecrow and Mrs. King
MacGyver vs. Matlock
Mike Hammer vs. Sledge Hammer!
The Dukes of Hazzard vs. Hardcastle and McCormick
The Equalizer vs. The Greatest American Hero
Misfits of Science vs. The Fall Guy
The A-Team vs. Knight Rider
Airwolf vs. Miami Vice
Hill Street Blues vs. Wiseguy
Crime Story draws a bye this round.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

So, do you think you could give us a hint what the criteria might be for the Ultimate 80s Crimefighter? That way, those of us playing along at home might have a fighting chance of picking the right suitcase. :-)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Unfortunately, there are no set criteria other than my own personal opinion. I'm trying to balance my selections with considerations of longevity, legacy, and how well the series holds up two decades after its original run. Ultimately though, the big winners are gonna be the shows I liked best. I certainly welcome conflicting opinions by you and other posters, cheering over the decisions you agree with and crying foul when you think I made a wrong call. Looking at some of the upcoming faceoffs in Round Two and especially Rounds Three and Four, there are definitely gonna be some hard decisions ahead and I haven't fully settled upon which ones will advance at certain stages. It should be entertaining until the end.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home