Thursday, September 28, 2006

Happy 21st Birthday, MacGyver

Twenty-one years ago today, life as I knew it changed forever. I still remember the dreary day that was September 29, 1985. I was housebound with a ferocious cough, but was nonetheless counting down the hours until the premiere of the new ABC action-adventure series whose ads had captivated me throughout the summer. "MacGyver" premiered at 7 p.m., not only meeting my expectations, but exceeded them. Despite the kamikaze Sunday night timeslot the series was placed in, viewers slowly came to share my enthusiasm for the series as its ratings grew progressively with each impressive episode until it took over second place in its time slot. From there, the legend only grew stronger.

So in honor of our squeaky-clean, alcohol-averse hero's 21st birthday, I encourage everybody to celebrate by NOT having a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home